Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Testing all the things: Calculator

The calculator app is probably the biggest fashion saving application (for me!) on the platform. You might be scratching your heads, so let me share a quick story.

You see not unlike the crazy pebble watch idea, there was a time when I wore a crazy watch on my wrist.

Remember these?

I proudly wore my calculator watch for maybe a year before breaking the band after catching the giant display on something :-) That was the last time a watch graced my arm in a permanent fashion. Ahh the memories.

So, this app will make sure such a fashion disaster doesn't have to happen again. Thanks to the calculator app, I can still perform those geeky tasks of calculating out gas mileage, perfect tipping, supermarket costs, etc without the paying the ultimate fashion price.

The foundations are already in place for you to add tests, but more are needed, including testing the cool "tear-off" feature, swiping to delete, and historical calculations.


Consider helping the calculator developers keep development going.  Grab the calculator branchadd a testcase from the list of needsfollow the tutorial for help if needed, and propose a merge. Thanks for helping to ensure quality for ubuntu touch!

If you need help getting started, there are 2 more workshops planned for this week. In addition the logs, and a FAQ from the workshops are now available and ready for you to consume and understand. Happy test writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment