Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ISO Adoptions

Ubuntu Desktop i386

Yesterday, ~70 people (and counting! you guys are rockstars, thank you so much!) answered the call to adopt, and are now sponsoring over 2 dozen isos for ubuntu, and it's flavors like xubuntu, kubuntu, edubuntu, lubuntu and ubuntu studio. That is wonderful news.


However, there are a couple sad iso's still out there who are wanting to be adopted. They are the more troublesome ones to adopt if you will. Everyone loves and wants to help Ubuntu Desktop iso, but little pay attention to our mac and wubi specific testing. If you have access         to a windows machine and can help test wubi, please let me know! If you have access to a macbook or other mac hardware please also let me know! I can help you adopt those troublesome iso's and make ubuntu precise a better experience for those with similar hardware.

Ubuntu Desktop amd64+mac
Look at his face and then hit your compose button to email me. You'll be glad you did. Contact me at nicholas.skaggs at the canonical.com domain and I will make sure to get you connected to one of these little guys!

9 comments:

  1. I was installing a copy of Precise on my Windows 7 machine, using Wubi when I found this on my Plus stream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mac book dual booting with Lion and Oz Unity2 Onyx 64 if that helps????? will be ok to reinstall over the onyx if it would help

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on a amd64 using Pangolin, but how can I help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Windows PC would be glad to help a poor poor wubi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Windows 7 Dell desktop PC running Ubuntu 11.10 via Wubi now. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Desktop = Ubuntu Laptop = Kubuntu...both via Wubi and running great!

    ReplyDelete